Creativity Flare

The other day a friend of mine passed on an old quilting magazine she had finished reading. I do a little quilting but what really inspired me was an article on dyeing fabric using flour paste as a resist. The thought came to me to try it with watercolor paper as an underpainting. I ended up with some amazing results.

Butterfly Frenzy

I read a post on Oprah's "A New Earth" forum asking if others had noticed that the grass seemed greener this year. I had to agree...and not just grass but everything looks more alive and vibrant to me. These recent paintings show a little of what I'm seeing and feeling this spring.

Singing Flowers
(This little family of flowers was singing their hearts out along side the road.)



Vegetation Vibes

Comments

Jan said…
Kathy, you are so talented! I would buy one of your paintings if I could.

Popular Posts